background

Friday, November 9, 2012

Projects for my Great Gifty Ideas Workshop

Each fall, I offer a Greaty Gifty Ideas Workshop to show my customers some fun, inexpensive gift items that they can make.   These are some projects that I came up with:
You'll find this triangle box on the Cricut Artiste Cartridge (Z Key>3D Object).  I cut mine 11 inches (Fit to Page).  I used the Pear & Partridge paper and stamps from the Merry & Bright stamp set.  The poinsettia is also on the Artiste Cartridge (Merry Christmas key). 

Our new Treat Cups are fun and affordable (only $3.95 for a set of ten).  For this project, I cut the ornament shapes with the Cricut Artiste cartridge and then used the Center Point key on my Cricut to cut a 1 3/4" circle in the middle of the ornament so that I could fit my treat cup in.  The Treat Cups have a self-adhesive rim on the back, so I filled it with candy, pulled off the adhesive backing and attached it to the solid red ornament.  I cut another ornament 1/4" smaller, cut the circle out of the center of it and put it over the other ornament.

There's a cute little snowman jar in our catalog on p. 87, and I wanted to try making something similar.  The snowman comes fom the Flakey Friends stamp set (C1506, $13.95).  I stamped him in black Staz-On ink on white cardstock, colored him with our alcohol markers and cut him out.  Then, I painted a thin layer of Tacky Glue over the front of him and glue him to the inside of the jar.  Then, I sprayed spray adhesive on the inside of the jar and sprinkled it with Prisma Glitter.

For the lid, I stamped the "Love Never Melts" message (also from Flakey Friends) directly onto ribbon with the Staz-On ink pad.  I cut some snowflakes with my Artiste Cricut Cartridge and hung them on the bow with our grey Baker's Twine.

1 comment: