background

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Mocha Punch--one of my Christmas party favorites!

One of the fun things about being a Close to My Heart Consultant is that, when I do a party at someone's house, I get to sample some yummy snacks or beverages. . .and I often walk away with a great new recipe!  I tried Mocha Punch at a hostess' house a few years ago and HAD to have the recipe.  This punch is basically like drinking a chocolate milkshake with a little coffee flavor--mild enough that my kids still loved it.  Honestly, if you serve this punch, who needs dessert?

MOCHA PUNCH

Dissolve 1/4 cup instant coffee granules (I use decaf), 1/2 cup instant chocolate drink mix (like Nesquik) and 1/2 cup sugar in 1 1/2 quarts VERY HOT water.  Cool the mixture in the fridge.

About 20 minutes before you're ready to serve, pour the cold coffee/chocolate mixture into a punch bowl.  Add 1/2 gallon of vanilla ice cream and 1/2 gallon of chocolate ice cream (I add it in big scoops).  It looks a bit ugly at first, but keep stirring it around until the ice cream starts to soften. . .and the consistency of the punch begins to look more like a milkshake.  This usually takes about 15 minutes to get it looking right.  When you serve, ladle it into punch cups and add some spray whipped cream to the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment