background

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Money Holder Card (from Christmas Card Sampler Class)




Rita Hartsock, one of my awesome team members, sent the autumn version of this card/money holder to me, and I loved it so much that I had to make a Christmas version.  Rita said she used a money envelope from her bank as the pattern/inspiration, and I thought it was pretty clever!   To make this card, I started off with a piece of cardstock that was 8 1/2 square.  I scored it at 2 1/2 inches and 6 inches to make the tri-fold card base.  Then, I turned it the other way and scored it one inch from the edge down each side of the card.  This formed my flaps.  I completely cut off the flaps from the top and bottom sections of the card and then cut the remaining middle flaps at a curve.  If you're coming to the Christmas Card Sampler class on Oct. 6th or 11th, you'll be learning how to make this card.  Thanks, Rita!

No comments:

Post a Comment