background

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Avonlea Projects

I'm loving the new My Creations Bracket Frames (Z1797, $8.95).  They come in white chipboard--basically, a blank slate--ready for you to embellish with beautiful paper, stamps and accessories.  This frame was inspired by one at saw at Convention made by Melissa Laverty.  I covered the frame with Avonlea paper and created a backing with Chocolate cardstock (note that the frame comes with an open back--I recommend using a 9 x 9 piece of chipboard as the base for your background).  The tree stamp comes from the "Family Tree" stamp set (D1526).  I embellished the tree with 3D roses that I cut using my new Artiste Cricut Cartridge.  The word "Family" is also cut from the Artiste cartridge as are the medallion shapes and the yo-yo medallion on the lower left of the frame.  The bracket square for the frame was cut from the Art Philosophy cartridge (p. 53), but you could also trace the frame and on your paper and cut it out.  There's really no end to what you can create with these frames, so I encourage you to give them a try.  Note--I do recommend using our Bonding Memories glue to stick your paper to the chipboard frame.



This is the layout I designed for my recent team meeting.  The design comes from our new Make It From Your Heart Volume 1 (9035, $7.95), which I HIGHLY recommend (great card and layout patterns in one book).  I used Avonlea paper.  Some of the medallions were cut using the Cricut Artiste cartridge, as was the word "LOVE" on the bottom. 

Most of the layers on these medallions are cut with the Art Philosophy or Artiste cartridges.  The stamped medallion comes from the Avonlea Scrapbook Workshop on the Go Kit stamp set.  I stamped it in Slate ink.

No comments:

Post a Comment