background

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

Every year, Jeanette Lynton (founder and CEO of Close to My Heart) sends out a beautiful card and gift to her Directors!!  I just had to share this card with you.  Wish I had seen this a couple weeks ago--I definitely would have added it to one of my workshops.  This card is such a clever way to use our Cricut cartridge borders.  I believe most of them are cut at 3/4" and then just trimmed to fit across the card front.  I think I'm going to try this technique on a year-round card SOON!

I thought it might be a bit too late to make cards in my December clubs, but I knew my gals would be up for some tags!  I was inspired to make these tags by some posts I saw on Pinterest. . .the Santa tag is definitely a straight copy, but I'm not sure of the original source.  His face is just a 1 3/4" circle.  His beard is a 2" scalloped circle (cut on my Cricut), folded in half (you can open it up and put the message under his beard).  His hat is a 1 3/4 x 3 inch rectangle of red cardstock, cut diagonally, then folded down.  The trim on his hat is one of our scalloped borders cut with the Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge (1/2 inch size).  We have a moustache image on our Cricut Artiste Cartridge--that would have been fun to add to the Santa!!

The other tags are cut with our Art Philosophy and Artiste Cricut cartridges.  I used papers from our current Pear & Partridge card kit as well as the now-retired Elemental paper pack. 

No comments:

Post a Comment