background

Monday, October 14, 2013

Fall Luminaries

I saw some luminaries in our Autumn/Winter Idea Book, and I just had to make some for myself!  These are so fun, and they look so pretty around a glowing candle.  I recommend that you use a candle in a jar so there's no danger of your paper luminaries catching on fire!  Both of these luminaries were made with images from the Artbooking Cricut Cartridge.  I used the lattice overlay on the "e" key.  I cut mine around 6" to 6 1/2".  You could make them larger, but this seemed to be a good size to go around those medium size jar candles.  For one luminary, you'll need to cut FOUR overlays of the same size.  Then, you'll need four strips of coordinating paper about 1" wide to glue in the corners to hold the side panels together. You can put any kind of embellishments on the outside of the overlay.  On the Halloween luminary, I cut the haunted house and bats from the Artbooking cartridge, p. 71.  On the autumn overlay, I cut the leaves from the Artbooking cartridge, and I think I got the "Happy Harvest" shape off the Art Philosophy cartridge.  The words are from the Huntington paper--it's the "zip strip" off one of the papers in the pack.  The paper for the luminary is from the Sarita paper pack.



No comments:

Post a Comment