background

Thursday, May 14, 2020

Blue Skies 18-Card Workshop Ready to Go


I'm having so much fun with the Blue Skies collection--it's like a gift that keeps on giving!  The bright, fun colors just make me smile, and the embossed coordinating cardstock is GORGEOUS!  Close to My Heart is offering several great projects with the Blue Skies collection.  You can view the various product bundles and download guides on my WEBSITE.  I used SOME of the card designs from their card workshop they have posted online, changed some of the cards and added some new ones to come up with my own custom 18-card workshop.  I also made use of an additional stamp set (the new Celebrating You birthday sentiments) to make sure these were practical cards that my customers can use!  My cutting guide is now ready to go!

Below is a list of what you'll need for the workshop.  If you purchase $30 or more in products from my website, I will send you the cutting guide for FREE. . .just let me know that you want the guide. 

Local peeps, I'm also offering this workshop at my house  Thursday, May 28th, or Monday, June 1st, 6 p.m.   Cost is $25.  If you attend the workshop, you don't necessarily need the stamps--but know that it will take quite a while to stamp and pass all of these images (lots of flowers to stamp).   If you like the stamp sets, I would encourage you to purchase one or both of them and bring the stamp set and coordinating stamp pads to class to help speed things along.  All of the images will be die cut, so no fussy cutting will be required.  

NOTE:  the manufacturer who makes our Close to My Heart stamp pads is in a state that was shut down because of COVID-19.  Because of this, several stamp pad colors are out of stock (especially those that coordinate with this collection).  The plant is back up and running now, but it will take a while to get the stamp pads made and back in stock.  I have a few of the colors in my inventory for local customers.  These are popular colors that many of my customers already have.  I will list the stamp pad names but also describe the colors in case you need to use another color from your stash. 

SUPPLIES YOU'LL NEED:

The Blue Skies Collection has several purchasing options--be sure you browse all of the bundles before you purchase.  Click HERE to view on my website


  • CC5209 Blue Skies Cardmaking Kit (note: this kit gives you card bases and a half pack each of the cardstock and patterned paper--just what you need to do the card class and no more.  If you want more of this paper to play with, I recommend getting CC5215, which has a FULL pack of each paper plus the stickers for only $4 more but no card bases).
  • Beautiful Day Stamp Set with Thin Cuts CC5202 (also available as part of the bundles, which may be a better deal)--can also be purchased without Thin Cuts if you don't mind a BUNCH of fussy cutting. 
  • Celebrating You stamp set C1847, $14.95 (new stamp set in the May/June catalog)
  • Pinwheel Thin Cut CC5204 (part of the Blue Skies collection--also available in some of the bundles)
  • Z4191 Silver Glitter Gems (you could also use sparkles or Gold Glitter Gems)
  • Sapphire Stamp Pad (or any deep/navy blue)
  • Candy Apple Stamp Pad (a primary red)
  • Lagoon Stamp Pad (a turquoise/aqua blue)
  • Canary Stamp Pad (kind of a banana yellow)
  • Pixie Stamp Pad (kind of a carnation pink color)
  • Green Apple Stamp Pad (a bright, spring green)
  • Black stamp pad
  • Foam Tape
  • 18 White Card Bases (depending on whether or not you got bases in the bundle)
  • Two brads

No comments:

Post a Comment