background

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Sunflowers for May!


Our May Stamp of the Month is the perfect stamp set to use with all kinds of fun coloring techniques--markers, watercolor, colored pencils, etc.  My favorite coloring tool is the watercolor brush (p. 132 of the current Idea Book, $9.25).  Just fill the well of the brush with water and then use your stamp pads or reinkers as your "paint."  I squish the lid to my stamp pad down firmly so that it picks up some of the color from the pad, and then I use the lid as my palette.  I adjust the amount of ink on the tip of the brush and the amount of water I'm squeezing into the tip of the brush to get the color level I want.  And, when I'm done with one color, I can just wipe the brush until it's clear again and then go right into another color.  Note, when watercoloring, I like to use an ink pad such as our Staz-On in or our Black Archival ink because these inks don't run when I color.

No comments:

Post a Comment