background

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Ideas for Halloween Treats!


 
I haven't done a Halloween workshop in years, but this year, we have so many cute stamps and papers for Halloween that I just couldn't resist.  If you'd like to sign up for my Halloween workshop, it's Tuesday, Oct. 2nd.  Cost for the class is $5 for materials plus a $10 minimum order.  The projects below are some of the things we'll be making.
 
 
These little nugget holders are not a new creation, but they're one of my favorite go-to items when I need a QUICK, simple treat holder.   It's the kind of item that you can crank out in masses!  To make this project, cut a 1 1/2 x 6 inch strip of cardstock (I used Sunset or Black).  Then, layer a 1 1/4 x 6 inch strip of coordinating patterned paper over it.  Score a line across the width of your strip 2 1/2 inches from each end.  Fold it up like a triangle.  Place a Hershey Nugget in the bottom (I use a glue dot or piece of double stick tape to hold it in place).  Punch two holes about 1/4 inch apart near the top of your treat holder--through both layers of cardstock.  Tie a piece of ribbon through the holes to hold it together.  Add a stamped image to the front of the treat holder.  I used the Perfect Fit-Halloween stamp set (B1413, $9.95).  I cut the circles with a 1 1/4 circle punch, but you can also cut them on your Cricut.  You can order any of these stamp sets on my website:  http://christina.ctmh.com

The CUTE paper I used on these treat holders came from my Spellbound Workshop on the Go Cricut Kit (G1040--$32.95).  This kit contains the most adorable paper, an exclusive stamp set, and instructions to make everything I have shown in the photo below--the "boo" banner, treat bags, cupcake liners, soda pop wraps, etc.  Plus, I had LOTS of paper left over, so I could make other fun projects!!  Note, to complete the projects from this kit shown below, you did need to have the Cricut Artiste Collection (Z1790, $99--and worth every penny)!!!  But, honestly, if you like to make Halloween projects, I would buy this kit even if I didn't own the cartridge because it has such awesome paper and a great stamp set!!

I've seen these M&M treat holders in several places and decided it was time to make one for myself.  You can get these 1 x 8 clear bags from a couple of different places.  I bought mine from www.clearbags.com, but one of my customers bought hers from www.GTBAG.com.  To make the project, just stack M&Ms in the color of your choice (I used their current autumn variety).  You want the regular size M&Ms.  I thought I could use the Peanut Butter ones because they're bigger, but they wouldn't quite fit.  Once you've filled up the bag, then add a topper.  Mine is made with the Perfect Fit Halloween stamp set.

The cat on my topper is cut from the new Cricut Artiste cartridge.

I got this project idea straight out of the Close to My Heart Autumn/Winter Idea Book.  The pouch is actually a card pattern cut from the new Artiste Cricut cartridge (p. 57, the "J" key) using our Kraft cardstock.  I used the "fit to page" key, and it came out about six inches tall.  The shapes on the front are also cut from the cartridge, and the stamp set is Magic Potions (C1509, $13.95). 

Here's another creation cut right off the Cricut Artiste cartridge.  The box is found on the "M" key (think M for movie night), 3D Object, 3 1/2 inches.  I used some of my paper from the Dotty for You paper pack to cut a smaller box and then cut the panels apart on that one to layer on each side of my black box.  The "Happy Halloween" and bat stamp come out of the Spellbound Workshop on the Go kit, and of course, there is a coordinating Cricut shape to go with this stamp! 
 

1 comment:

  1. I wish I had a cricut,I've been watching videos for years showing all the beautiful thing s you can make. Maybe �� will bring me one some year in the future. I hope so!

    ReplyDelete