background

Monday, February 11, 2013

Some Fun Valentine Ideas!


I'm sorry I didn't get around to posting Valentine Ideas a little earlier. . .got interrupted by our Close to My Heart Southern Caribbean Cruise!

I made this fun Valentine gift box using our new My Creations Clear Pillow Boxes (Z1840, $2.95 for 3 boxes).  I embellished it with paper from the For Always paper pack and from hearts I cut with the Cricut Artiste cartridge.  The "I Love You Because" stamp comes from the new For Always Workshop on the Go Scrapbooking Kit. 

I made this card for my team meeting swap. . .it was so fun to play with our new fabric (For Always Textiles, $8.95).  I just cut a strip of the fabric and straight stitched it on my machine (you could do this by hand, too)--then I pulled the thread to make it ruffle up a bit.  The hearts are cut on the Artiste Cricut cartridge  The white heart is embossed with black embossing powder--the stamp comes from the For Always Workshop on the Go Scrapbooking Kit. 

If you have our Artiste Cricut Cartridge, you have a gazillion Valentine projects right at your fingertips.  This heart-shaped card pouch is one of them.  I believe I cut the pouch at 4 inches and the heart to go inside at 3 1/4 inches.  The ribbon is our Color Ready Seam Binding ribbon stamped with hearts using our pigment inks (Cranberry). . .if you don't use pigment ink, your stamped images will likely "bleed" on the ribbon and come out fuzzy.

Here's another fun new product. . .our Muslin drawstring bags.  The muslin fabric is very flat and easy to stamp on.  I used hearts from my Whooo's Your Valentine stamp set and stamped them with our Pigment Inks (Hollyhock, Cranberry). 

I just love it when we come out with practical products that are SUPER affordable.  These small paper pouches are only $2.95 for 20 of them!!  They are 3 x 4 in size--perfect for small gifts, snacks or a cookie, but you can also get them in the larger 5 x 6 size.  I spritzed my bag with our spray pens (Z1380) filled with water and a few reinker drops.  I added some cardstock and a strip of our Silver Shimmer tape.  The polka-dot square is one of our new Irresistibles Frames--chipboard shapes that you can rub with your ink color to get really cool patterns.  These bags would be great for birthday party favors--just use stamps and colors to match your party theme. 

No comments:

Post a Comment