background

Monday, July 8, 2013

July Club Projects


Here's a look at our projects for July clubs.  I have two clubs meeting Monday, July 15th, 10 a.m. or 6:30 p.m.  If you'd like to come join us this month, just let me know and specify whether you want to do the scrapbook layout or the cards. 

Scrapbookers will be creating a two-page layout with the Surf's Up paper.  This layout should work really well with any beach or pool photos you might have as well as general "fun in the sun" events.  I added quite a few stamped images to my layout. . .I'll let you decide what things you'd like to add to yours.



Card makers will get to play with our July Stamp of the Month, Sweet Life.  We'll make a couple of "fruity" cards and, this month, I think I'll teach you all how to make the sunburst card that I did back in June for my Dream Pop class.  This is such a cool technique that EVERYONE should learn!

 
I made the peach card with some scraps of Buzz & Bumble paper as well and Kraft cardstock.  The peaches are stamped in Cocoa Pigment Ink and colored with Sorbet, Buttercup and Olive markers.
 
 
On the cherry card, I stamped the cherries and the saying in regular black ink and colored them with our Olive & Hollyhock markers.  I put a layer of Liquid Glass over the cherries to make them look shiny and rounded. . .turned out really cute!  The paper on the card is from the Dakota paper pack.



Here's the sunburst card that I'm talking about.  We may make this one as well as another a different paper pack. 

No comments:

Post a Comment