background

Thursday, April 7, 2016

Making Cards from our PML Sheets


Our newest paper packs now contain two sheets of Picture My Life cards. . .they're all on one sheet, and you cut them apart to use on your layouts or in our pocket pages.  But, they also happen to be fantastic fun for card makers.

This all started with a card inspired by Chris Lothian.  Chris is one of our fabulous CTMH Consultants in Australia, and I adore her artwork (check it out at www.christinescreativecapers.blogspot.com).   Anyway, I wanted to make a card similar to her fox card, and I was trying to figure out where she got the cute sky background paper.  Then, I realized it was from one of the PML sheets in the Penelope paper pack.  If you look at the PML sheet below, it's the card with the birds on a line. . .I just trimmed off the birds and saved them for another project.



So, here's how my version of her fox card turned out.  The fox is from the Spring Critters stamp set (C1638), and the cactus is from the Stuck On You stamp set (C1643).  Both of these stamp sets have die cut sets to go with them!   The tan paper I used for the desert is from the Charlotte paper pack--it's got a slight pattern to it that's hard to see in the photo.  Remember that, if you're wanting the torn look with the white edge, rip toward you and use your thumbs to control the direction you tear.


So, after making the fox card, I started thinking about all those other cute PML cards on the sheet and decided to make a few more cards.  For the bird card below, I used two cards--the one with the bird and the light blue floral piece. I cut the floral piece in two sections so I could have some at the top and some at the bottom. . .so cute!


For the Thinking of You card below, I used the card with the floral design in the corner and the one with the diagonal stripes.  Note that each PML card has a vertical version and a horizontal version--if you don't want the vertical design, just flip the card over and the horizontal version will be on back.


For this pocket card, I used the pink woodgrain pattern card and trimmed it into the shape of a pocket.  I stamped, watercolored and cut out flowers from the Friend in Me stamp set (C1640) to fill up my pocket.  The striped background paper is also in the Penelope paper pack.  Note that, for any of these cards, you could use whatever sentiments (word stamps) that you like.




No comments:

Post a Comment