background

Saturday, April 9, 2016

Why I Became a Close to My Heart Consultant


Early in 1996, I was a young, stay-at-home mom with a one-year-old baby girl.  It was important to me to be at home to raise our children, yet I also wanted to bring income to our family and have a sense of job-related accomplishment.  I had a BA degree in writing/journalism and a desire to have some kind of creative aspect to whatever I did.  I prayed about this, asking God to provide me with some type of "job" that would include creativity, bring some income in and allow me to stay home with my kids.  What kind of job that could be was a total mystery to me!!

A few months later, I went to a "D.O.T.S." party at a friend's house.  I had never heard of D.O.T.S., and I had never picked up a rubber stamp in my whole life.  But, as soon as I saw that Consultant stamp her first card, I knew this would be right up my alley.  A couple of my friends at the party said, "Christina, you'd be good at this!"  So, I asked the Consultant for info and booked my own party a couple months down the road.  I had never even considered a career in direct sales, and certainly didn't like getting dragged to friends' home parties!  But, THIS was different because I was actually LEARNING how to do something fun and creative--not just sitting there feeling obligated to buy something I didn't want!

By the time my party came around, I had thought it through, talked it over with my husband and decided to sign up.  I began by asking a few friends that I knew to host a party for me to help me out.  These friends traveled in different circles, and they quickly helped me find an enthusiastic base of customers.

As I started to book home parties, I realized that I could REALLY make income at this job. . .and, I loved that I got to be creative and stay home with my child during the day.  Sounds a lot like what I prayed for many months before, doesn't it?!

As my business began to grow, I continued to set higher goals for myself.  D.O.T.S. (now Close to My Heart) began offering incentive trips, and I realized that, with a little extra work, I could reach this goal!  I earned my very first incentive trip (a Hawaiian cruise), and I was hooked!!  And, let me just say, so was my husband!

I've been with Close to My Heart almost 20 years now!  I've earned 11 incentive trips, and I hope to earn more.  I never thought that I'd have the opportunity to travel all over the world and see such incredible places--like the beaches of Costa Rica where I am standing in the photo above.  My business has changed over the years as our products have changed.  Though I still do home parties, I spend most of my time on workshops where my customers can come and learn new creative techniques.  As a Senior Director, I also spend time communicating with my team members and planning team events and projects.

It's unusual to stay with a direct sales company 20 years, and I think that speaks volumes about what an incredible company Close to My Heart is.  I have several team members who have been with CTMH for over 15 years now, and they will tell you the same thing.  Close to My Heart cares about its Consultants, and they are always looking for ways to help us thrive.  They have SO many tools to offer their Consultants. . .we're never left out their on our own trying to figure things out!

If you're looking for a job that offers flexibility, creativity and great personal support, consider joining my Close to My Heart team.  We welcome all Consultants, whether you want to start earning trips or just get a great discount on your favorite products.  We have reasonable sales requirements ($300 per quarter) for our hobbyists, yet we reward those who really want to work the business.

I'd love to help you get your business rolling!  In the month of April, Close to My Heart is offering you a chance to sign up for only $75.  In addition to the great kit deal, they are also offering some fantastic incentives to help you get off to a great start.  If you sell $350 in your first 30 days (that's usually one party), you can earn one of our Cricut Collections (or $100 in product credit) FREE!

To sign up, visit my website at http://christina.ctmh.com.  Click on "What We Do>Be a Consultant."

If you have questions, feel free to e-mail me at teisenhour@aol.com.





 


1 comment:

  1. And God was truly leading you. Thank you for asking, listening, and acting.
    There are so many special people in my life because of a rubber stamp; you and your family are at the top of my list.

    ReplyDelete