background

Monday, May 23, 2016

Fun Folds and Interactive Card Workshop, June 7th

I finally got a few minutes to sit down and work on projects for my upcoming Fun Folds and Interactive Card Workshop, which I've scheduled for June 7th.  I've done interactive card classes before, and some of these cards can be a little tricky.  This time, I'm keeping the card designs pretty simple--ones that you can easily replicate.  That's partly because I want to spend some time teaching you all how to make the adorable paper purse/basket shown below.  I'll probably throw in at least one more card for this class.  If you'd like to attend, let me know.  Cost will be $12.


I think this card turned out so cute!  This is a "Joy Fold Card."  I'm not sure why it's called that, but the idea is that it has a smaller flap that opens up first and then you can fold down the front of the card.  You use some kind of stamped image (like the onesie) to hold the front flap down.  For this card, I used the stamp set that comes in the Georgie Workshop on the Go kit (G1102, $29.95).  If you have any baby projects on your list, GET this workshop kit.  The paper is adorable (love the elephant pattern), and the stamp set is really sweet.   To order this paper pack and stamp set, visit my website at http://christina.ctmh.com.





I've been seeing these "pleated" cards on Pinterest, and I thought it was about time to sit myself down and make one.  They are SUPER easy.  There are lots of different patterns, some with more pleats, some that cascade down from both sides.  Once you make one, you'll get the idea.  Stay tuned. . .I hope to get some measurements and directions posted later next month.  For this card, I used the Florence paper pack.  The flowers are cut on the Cricut (I'm thinking it was Artiste) and sequins coordinate with our Florence paper pack.  



Here's another fun card technique that every card maker should learn:  pinwheel cards.  They're a fun way to show off patterned paper, like this paper from the Happy Times paper pack.  They're also a great way to use up those little scrap pieces of patterned paper you might have in your stash.  
  

I saw these paper purses a few months ago, and I finally got the chance this week to give it a whirl!  I used the Georgie paper pack, and I think it turned out really cute, but honestly, I think this bag would look cute with ANY paper!!


No comments:

Post a Comment