background

Monday, September 9, 2013

Making Cards with the September Special: You are My Happy



So, I finally got a few minutes to sit down and play with the September National Stamping Month exclusive stamp set--You Are My Happy.  This TRIPLE stamp set is ONLY available in September, and you can get it for only $10 with a $50 purchase!  That's an incredible deal for three stamp sets in one!

This stamp set comes with a full alphabet set, and the letters are a great size. . .small enough to put words or names on a card but large enough to be a title on a scrapbook page.  For this card, I cut the "happy" from the new Artbooking cartridge twice (once in Ruby, once in Honey) and layered them.  The paper is from the Pro Player paper pack.

I'm a sucker for butterfly stamps!  For this card (featuring Laughing Lola paper), I stamped the butterflies in black on the white strip, then stamped them again in black on B&T paper (by the way, the blue butterflies were cut on paper from the Pro Player pack and the purple from Laughing Lola--I'm mixing my kits)!  Then, I cut the butterflies out, folded their wings forward and just glued them down the middle on top of the pre-stamped butterflies.  That way, I could still see the attenae without having to cut them out.

These simple stamp images are great for paper piecing.  I stamped the cake on two different pieces of Laughing Lola patterned paper and cut out each layer.  Again, I stamped the original cake and message directly on the white paper and then added the cut-out pieces on top.  This will be one of the cards we'll do at my 20 Card Marathon class later this month because it's super quick and easy!

I was SO happy to see a Dr. Seuss quote among the sentiments included in this stamp set. . .and, okay, I was just a little bit excited when I saw this hedgehog image!  He's so cute!



No comments:

Post a Comment