background

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Some of my creations with the September Stamp of the Month


I finally got time to play with my September Stamp of the Month set, Poster Tidings!  It's a unique set of stamps--one for autumn and one for winter--and because the stamp images are fairly large, they'll work well on both cards and layouts.  Keep in mind that you can use the WHOLE poster image or stamp the image and just cut out the particular words that you want.  You can order the September Stamp of the Month on my website, http://christina.ctmh.com, for only $5 with a $50 purchase.  
For this card, I stamped the image once in Cocoa ink, then stamped it a few more times in different colors.  I cut out the larger words from the colored images.   That's the Huntington Paper Pack on the background of the card front.

These stamp sets are PERFECT for a long, narrow card, like our Colonial White Die Cut Cards & Envelopes (Z1738, $6.95 for 10 cards and envelopes).  I got the rainbow effect on this card by using our pigment inks.  I blotted the different pigment cubes across the words I wanted in each color--the small size of the pigment inks allows you to only color a small swath at a time.  A general tip:  start with your lightest colors and then work your way up to the darker colors.  The pigment inks stay wet on your stamp image longer, so it gives you plenty of time to ink up with the different colors (Olive, Cocoa, Autumn Terracotta).  Paper is from the Huntington paper pack.

For this card, I also used the Colonial White Die-Cut Cards & Envelopes.  The fact that they're already pre-cut with the nice little flap at the top makes it easy to whip out a beautiful card!  I stamped the winter Poster Tidings stamp with Crystal Blue pigment ink.  This time, I chose the pigment ink because it's creamier and works really well on solid images.  The paper on the card is from the Frosted paper pack.

I haven't made a layout yet, but I bet you can visualize how beautiful these images would look on a layout page!
One other quick tip:  you'll need the 4" x 5" acrylic block for this stamp set (Y1012, $15.95).  Couldn't squeeze it onto any of my other blocks!


No comments:

Post a Comment