background

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

More Projects from my January Team Retreat!

If you want a really fun, simple project, I recommend making Cookie Sheet Magnetic Memo Boards!  We made this one at my retreat using our new Florentine paper along with some of our fun new accessory items to embellish the magnets.  I cut the letters and the roses on the Cricut using our Art Philosophy cartridge.  I recommend that you attach your paper to the cookie sheet with spray adhesive.  You could also paint the cookie sheet a color if you don't like the shiny metal color.  I purchased my cookie sheets at Walmart for less than a $1 each, so this is an affordable project.  It's a great project for beginners or for crafters who prefer something different than layouts or cards.

I used one of our new My Creations Milk Cartons along with some Pemberley paper to make this fun treat holder.  The message stamp is from our February Stamp of the Month, Thoughtful Tidings.  The flowers are from the Card Word Puzzle stamp set (C1494).

I'm a BIG fan of our new Colonial White Die Cut cards!  I paired it with the Card Word Puzzle stamp set, Pemberley paper and our February stamp set to create a really classy looking card.
This is my version of the Bookmark Album that Sandee DePriest designed for our retreat.  It's absolutely spectacular, and I wish I could show you every page of the album!  Note that this is MY album, so it doesn't have quite as many embellishments as Sandee's original design!!  If you purchase one of our new Bookmark Albums to decorate, I recommend that you don't put many dimensional items on the inside pages--just photos and papers, or you'll have trouble closing the book.  We ended up using larger rings than those that came with the album, and I found that I needed to reinforce the magnetic closure.  Another solution would be taking out a couple of the pages, which should allow you some room to embellish your pages and still close the album.

1 comment:

  1. love your album...I seen a pic on pinterest and had to come to the source.
    Am now following you...your work is great
    Fellow CTMH Consultant

    ReplyDelete