background

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Spiced Chai Tea

Every December, I host a "Christmas Recipe Exchange" workshop with my customers, and they bring recipes for their favorite Christmas cookies, candies and treats.  One of my customers, Karen Matthews, brought this chai tea recipe with her last year, and I've been chugging the stuff ever since!  It has a very comforting, creamy flavor--to call it "tea" might be a stretch!  Anyway, you can make a batch and it lasts a long time.  It's also a great thing to share with friends.


SPICED CHAI TEA MIX

3 cups nonfat dry milk powder
1 1/2 cups sugar (I used Splenda on my most recent batch and really liked it)
1 cup unsweetened instant tea
3/4 cup vanilla powdered creamer (I used Coffeemate Original)
1 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground cardamom (this stuff is pricey, but it will last you for a LONG time)
1/2 tsp. ground cloves

Combine all ingredients and process in a food processor or blender until powdery.  To serve, mix three heaping teaspoons into 3/4 cup boiling water (you can adjust this to your taste).



No comments:

Post a Comment