background

Friday, October 5, 2012

A couple more Halloween Treats!

We had such a fun time at my Halloween workshop this week!  I posted a few of our projects last week, but I thought I'd post a couple more.  It was so much fun playing with my Cricut Artiste cartridge--I was amazed at how many Halloween items I was able to crank out in such a short time.  And, these projects are completely adaptable to other holidays--just change the paper and change the stamps.  Many of these 3D items would work wonderfully for wedding or shower favors, too.   To order the cartridge, click HERE.  The Artiste Cricut Collection is $99, and it includes the Artiste Cartridge (with 700 images--many, many more than a typical cartridge), THREE coordinating stamp sets and three sheets of coordinating chipboard die-cut images. 
The Artiste cartridge has a bunch of card patterns--many with some kind of pouch or sleeve.  Most of these pouches can also hold candy--just skip the card piece that's supposed to go in it.  I found this card pouch on the 7 key>Shift>Card and cut it at 4 1/2 inches.  It's perfect for Pixie Sticks, Airheads or other tall, flat candies.  I embellished it with our Magic Potions stamp set (C1509, $13.95) and some paper from our Moonlight Paper Packet (X7161B, $9.95).  I also used our new Black Tulle Ribbon (Z1798, $6.95).  You can't see the tulle very well in my photo, but I gathered it up so that it resembles a bat's wing. 

This window box was on the U key>Shift>3D Object.  I cut it at 3 inches, and, when it's folded up, it's about the size of a playing card box.  I made this one really quickly with the Moonlight paper, but you could get fancier with it if you wanted to.  The ribbon is our Color-Ready Seam Binding Ribbon, which I dyed with a reinker to make it exactly the color I wanted!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment