background

Monday, November 25, 2013

Cards for my Christmas Card Sampler Class, Monday, December 2nd

I didn't get a chance to use every Christmas stamp set that I wanted to use at my Christmas Card Marathon class, so I thought I'd add the Christmas Card Sampler Class.  These cards have a bit more layering, coloring, etc.--not good candidates for our speedy card marathon class--but they're perfect for this class.  Here's what I've come up with so far. . .
This card is a Center Step Card--one of those fun, 3D cards that we all love.  You can find the instructions for these cards on www.splitcoaststampers.com (look under Tutorials).  I saw a similar card made by Cathy Derouche and knew I had to make one, too (thanks, Cathy, for the inspiration)!  The stamp set is C1506 Flakey Friends.


I just adore our polar bear stamp set  (C1557 Polar Bear Holiday). . .can't get enough of these cute little fellas!  My inspiration for this card came from one of the display boards at Convention this year (not sure who the artist was--perhaps Michelle Snyder?).   I took a picture of the card, and I've been waiting to make a similar card ever since.  One of the quickest ways to get some background snow on your card is to rip white cardstock and then add some Prisma Glitter (on top of Bonding Memories glue) to the edge where you ripped it.


The stamp that I used for this card (B1424 Classy Doily) is the coolest thing.  The doily is one stamp image, but you can stamp the image multiple times on different papers, cut out a specific section and then layer them back together for a really dramatic look.  It sounds time-consuming, but I promise it's not too bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment